A coconut rum slush with fresh cherries is a delicious summertime adult drink. With only 3 ingredients, it is easy to make and takes about 5 minutes to blend together. Like all of my fresh cherry recipes, this cherry coconut rum slushie is made with sweet cherries.
Frozen drinks are basically a summer staple. Whether they are kid-friendly, or made for the 21+ crowd, they are a great way to stay cool in the blistering summer heat. This is one of the easiest drinks to make with coconut rum and it is one of our favorite summer sips.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
Easy coconut rum drinks
Summer drinks, particularly slushies, shouldn’t be overcomplicated. No one wants to spend an hour prepping ingredients for a drink that is meant to be sipped poolside in the summer sun.
This little libation has 3 ingredients: blackberry soda, cherries and coconut rum. I feel compelled to warn you about one teensy thing – it goes down very easily.
This cherry rum slushie has quickly become my favorite summer sip for a few reasons. First and foremost, it is delicious!
The fact that it is only 3 ingredients and it comes together in roughly five minutes flat is a close second. The best reason – you can make a big batch and serve everyone at once.
It’s summer, people and I am all about the stone fruit right now… particularly cherries. We’ve gone through 5 pounds in a week and a half. I’ve put them in baked goods, drinks, yogurt, etc.
I must admit, this super simple libation might be my VERY favorite way to enjoy this ruby red fruit. Cherry season doesn’t last long, so make this drink while they are in season.
Drinks to make with coconut rum
For someone who doesn’t really drink all that much, I have a lot of alcohol in my bar. One of the bottles sitting back in the corner was coconut rum. You know the white bottle that always seems to make an appearance as soon as the temperatures start hovering around 90.
Well, I decided that it needed to get used in something and I was trying to come up with something fruity and delicious with just a little bit of alcohol.
You know I’m not going to the store just to make up a quick drink, so I started looking around at what I already had.
Because I have been on a cherry bender, I had plenty, so I was halfway there. The drink needed a bit of sparkle, so I used some blackberry soda that we had in the fridge.
I wanted a cherry slushie, so I poured that soda into ice cube trays and let it freeze before blending it up. At this point, I’m committed, so I’m really hoping this drink is good. I’m happy to tell you that it’s AMAZING. So, grab a bottle of coconut rum, some fresh cherries, call your friends and celebrate summer! Cheers!
Easy summer menu
Looking for an easy breezy summer menu to go with these simple cherry coconut drinks? Here a few quick and easy, no fuss recipes for easy summer entertaining or just a fun weekend with the family.
- Grilled shrimp and potato skewers – this recipe starts with grilled potato wedges, which are super easy and also delicious. Perfect for summer grilling.
- Lamb burgers with tahini yogurt sauce – flavorful and full of warm spices
- Spinach artichoke pasta salad – quick, easy and tasty.
- Mediterranean orzo salad – also very easy and quick, it is full of fresh veggies.
- No bake blueberry swirl cheesecake bars – fantastic summer dessert!
What do I need to make this coconut rum drink?
• The glasses in this photo are 28 years old. I brought them home from Guadalajara when I was living there for school. Luckily, you can buy some cobalt Mexican glasses online!
• You’ll need a good blender that can crush ice to make frozen drinks.
• To pit cherries, you’ll need a cherry pitter. It makes quick work of this task.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I hope you love it as much as we do! Please consider rating and/or commenting. I love hearing from you!
- 1 can blackberry sparkling juice
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- Pour blackberry juice/soda into ice cube tray and freeze.
- Pop soda ice cubes out of tray and add to blender with cherries and coconut rum.
- Blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
I used Izze blackberry sparkling juice. They did not sponsor this post, I wasn't compensated in any way... We just like it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
Nutrition calculated by a third-party company, to be used as a guideline only.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day 🙂
Originally published July 2016, most recent update 5/26/21
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos or recipe without prior written permission. Thank you!