This post for Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding is sponsored by Sprout’s Farmers Market. As always, all opinions, recipes and photos are my own.
Chocolate Hazelnut Bread Pudding. Luscious bread pudding swirled with chocolate hazelnut spread. It requires little more than a bit of mixing and whisking. Whether you dust it with powdered sugar or give it a drizzle, you seriously can not go wrong. Bread pudding is one of those recipes that’s great for a crowd (think holidays!) because you can make a large batch without much extra effort. And seriously, what’s better than a warm bowl of gooey, sweet, comforting goodness?
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BREAD PUDDING
Making bread pudding isn’t difficult at all. Watch the video and see for yourself. It’s pretty easy, which makes it a great recipe for new bakers or people that aren’t very comfortable in the kitchen. The key to a really good bread pudding is making sure that the bread is thoroughly soaked – think french toast. It’s basically the same concept. You are soaking bread in a custard. The difference is french toast would fall apart, but that’s exactly what we’re looking for in bread pudding. This is a very forgiving dessert, it doesn’t require much fussing about with it and it’s insanely delicious. What more could you ask for in a sweet ending?
If you prefer your bread pudding with a sauce, check out the link below to a recipe from a few years ago. There is a recipe for Creme Anglaise. A sauce that tastes like melted ice cream. You’re welcome.
- 1 lb loaf of brioche, diced into ½” cubes
- ½ stick butter, melted and slightly cooled + extra for pan
- 1 c. milk, room temp
- ½ c. cream, room temp
- 3 eggs, room temp
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. Sprout’s Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. Sprout’s Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. cream (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x9 glass baking dish
- Place cubed brioche into pan.
- Whisk together milk, cream, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and press down to ensure all of the bread is covered.
- Warm the hazelnut spread in the microwave for 30 seconds or until pour-able.
- Using a spoon, drizzle hazelnut spread over the bread and swirl through bread to the bottom of the pan making thick ribbons throughout.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes to allow bread to fully soak up egg mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 – 60 minutes, or until middle is puffy and golden. Bread pudding should be moist, but not runny.
- If desired – sprinkle with powdered sugar or combine 1 Tbsp. cream and 1 Tbsp. hazelnut spread and drizzle over warm bread pudding.
More Bread Pudding:
Used to Make Hazelnut Bread Pudding:
- Glass Baking Dish – If you don’t own one, why not?! This should be in your cabinet.