Every now and then I buy random things and hope I can make something good with the various items that have found their way into my cart. Once in a while I’ll stumble upon something magnificent, on (thankfully rare) occasions it’s been a disaster, in which case the pizzeria is on speed dial and more often than not it’s pretty good, although I’m in no way getting sassy about it…
One of the ingredients that found their way home with me were finger limes.
- 2- 6oz pieces grouper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy)
- 1 tbsp sriracha (or other hot sauce)
juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp canola oil
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 finger lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the marinade: combine soy sauce, kecap, sriracha, lime zest & juice in a bowl.
- Place the fish in the marinade for 10 minutes, remove and pat dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat an oven safe saute pan over med-high heat. Add canola oil.
- When oil is hot, place grouper in pan skin side down. Cook undisturbed for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn fish over and slide into the oven for 5 – 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let fish rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve over sauteed spinach and garnish with finger lime.