Finding gifts for the baker in your life can be tricky. If they are an experienced baker, their cabinets and pantry are probably well-stocked and buying for them can be a challenge. Worry not, friends! I’ve scoured the internet to find you some really fantastic gift ideas for everyone from the newbie baker to those of us who have been baking for decades. Whether you’re a new baker or an experienced one, these gingerbread biscotti would be the perfect treat to bake for the holidays.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
Gifts for the baker
Gifts beyond measuring cups and spoons, these are great for every level of baker – whether you are new to baking or a seasoned pro.
• Kitchen Scale – A necessity for baking from scratch!
• Hand mixer – Everyone needs one of these, they are good for everything from cake batter to mashed potatoes.
• Maple rolling dowel – This is my favorite rolling pin. It is super versatile and great for any kind of dough.
• Revolving cake decorating stand – This one is on my own wish list. For cake bakers, this makes it so much easier to decorate a cake!
• Cake stand – this small stand is perfect for small cakes or cupcakes, the bunny design is adorable!
Stocking stuffers for bakers
Fun, inexpensive gifts for bakers ( or anyone!).
• Fluted Cookie cutters – Perfect for biscuits and cookies, or cutting out pie dough.
• Bear oven mitts – I did it with my bear hands! LOL! I love these, they are perfect for the baker with a sense of humor.
• Linen apron – great design, adjustable to fit everyone.
• Silicone spatulas – One can never have enough of these!
• Pie weights – at $6, these are a steal!
Gifts for the Bread baker
The smell of homemade bread is absolutely intoxicating. There is just something about the aroma of rising bread that is so comforting and wonderful.
• Dough whisk – great for mixing everything from bread to pizza dough
• 9″ bread banneton proofing basket – holds 1.5 lbs of dough
• Bread lame – score your beautiful loaves of bread with this tool, it comes with a safe storage case.
• Baguette pan – make baguettes at home for crostini to serve with this apple chutney bruschetta!
• Tartine Bread cookbook – a great guide to baking bread at home, then make a tartine with your homemade bread.
Cookbooks for bakers
This was a tough list to narrow down. Here is my top 5 of books that I really love from cover to cover.
• BraveTart – Stella Parks – This book is magnificent. Every recipe is worth making, even the sprinkles.
• Sister Pie – Lisa Ludwinski – Giving a shout out to Detroit with this book, it is on my Christmas list. 75 reasons to bake pie!
• Sweet – Yotam Ottolenghi – I have all of his books for a reason. They are beautiful and full of incredible, interesting recipes. This is no exception.
• Dorie’s Cookies – Dorie Greenspan – Who doesn’t LOVE cookies? I had to include a cookbook dedicated to the cookie and Dorie is an amazing baker, so it was a perfect choice.
• Pastry Love – Joanne Chang – This book is on MY wish list. If you live in the Boston area, you know her from the bakery Flour.
Splurge gifts for the baker
These are the gifts that are a little pricier. If you are looking for something extra special for the baker in your life, here are a handful of ideas.
• Baking Steel – Conducts heat better than a ceramic baking stone, plus it cooks faster giving you gorgeous crusts.
• KitchenAid Mixer – This is an expensive, but indispensable gift for serious bakers. A must-have if ever there was one.
• Marble pastry slab – Perfect for making delicate pastries, plus it makes a gorgeous cheese board for parties.
• Airbrush Cake Decorating Kit – For the artistic baker.
• Modernist Bread – the ULTIMATE cookbook set for bread bakers!
Now that you have gift ideas for purchasing, take a peek at a few homemade gift ideas!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day and happy shopping! 🙂