Malted milkshakes are a childhood treat. In my humble opinion, a malt is so much better than a regular milkshake. It has more flavor and complexity than just ice cream and milk. Made with Robin Eggs©candy, extra malted milk powder, homemade whipped cream and a mini ice cream cone garnish – this the ULTIMATE malt!
Malted milkshakes are a childhood treat. I’ve loved them for as long as I can remember. I love the flavor of malt, so I try to put it into cupcakes, cakes, milkshakes, etc. Apparently, it was thought to be a “health food” a very long time ago and people would add it to tonics and promote it as such. Therefore if we go with that line of thinking, this malt is practically health food. Don’t we all feel better now?
Easter candy is the best and those of us who are candy connoisseurs will tell you it’s like hitting the jackpot every spring. I wait all year for peanut butter eggs, mini eggs, robin eggs, ALL THE EGGS! It also means that everyone who gives up candy/sweets for Lent is free to indulge and THIS my friends is worth every single calorie.
Obviously I’m not recommending that you do this often. However, once or twice a year is perfectly acceptable… more if you use small glasses!
PIN the Ultimate Malted Milkshake:
Used to make The Ultimate Malt:
- 3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons malted milk powder
- 4 ounces mini Robin Eggs candy
- melted chocolate + sprinkles for the rim of glass and garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- *mini ice cream cones for garnish
- Melt chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and dip the rim of the glass. Coat it with sprinkles and refrigerate to set.
- Make whipped cream: Combine all ingredients and whip on high speed until soft, billowy peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- To add the mini ice cream cone garnish: Use the straw to make a hole in the bottom of the cone. Thread the straw through and top with a mini scoop of ice cream.
- Pour malt into prepared glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Add mini ice cream cone garnish if using.
- For Whipped Cream: place bowl, heavy cream and whisk attachment or beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream. You may wish to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream.
- Malt: You may want more or less milk to achieve desired consistency. If you like it thinner, add more milk. If you like your malts thick, use less.