This is the Ultimate Malted Milkshake. Made for lovers of extra maltiness! Made with malted chocolate candy, extra malted milk powder, homemade whipped cream and a mini ice cream cone garnish – this the ULTIMATE malt!
I loved this malt. It was surprisingly not too sweet, it was perfectly malty and oh so delicious! This is a childhood treat. In my humble opinion, a malt is so much better than a regular milkshake. It has more flavor and complexity than just ice cream and milk.
The Ultimate Malted Milkshake
Making a malt couldn’t be easier. Ice cream, milk and malt powder are added to a blender and whizzed up to creamy, frozen deliciousness. But, we’re here to make the ultimate malt.
Malted milkshakes are a childhood treat. I’ve loved them for as long as I can remember. I love the flavor of malt, so I try to put it into cupcakes, cakes, milkshakes, etc. Apparently, it was thought to be a “health food” a very long time ago and people would add it to tonics and promote it as such.
Therefore if we go with that line of thinking, this malt is practically health food. Don’t we all feel better now?
Malted Milkshake with Sprinkles
Easter candy is the best and those of us who are candy connoisseurs will tell you it’s like hitting the jackpot every spring. I wait all year for peanut butter eggs, mini eggs, robin eggs, ALL THE EGGS! It also means that everyone who gives up candy/sweets for Lent is free to indulge and THIS my friends is worth every single calorie.
Obviously I’m not recommending that you do this often. However, once or twice a year is perfectly acceptable. I have a sweet tooth, this is common knowledge. Do I allow myself a milkshake every day? No. It’s probably been a couple of years since I’ve had one.
When I made this sweet treat, I shared it with friends and a small glass was enough to fulfill the craving without feeling like I overdid it. All things in moderation!
Malt v Milkshake
What’s the difference between a malt and a milkshake? Malt powder. A milkshake can be simply ice cream blended with milk, whereas a malt has the addition of malted milk powder. From there, you can add in chocolate syrup, strawberries, candy, etc.
Most people are familiar with a milkshake, because they are widely available. Not everyone has had a malted before. If you’ve never tasted one before, give it a try, you’ll be amazed at how much flavor it has in comparison to a regular shake!
PIN the Ultimate Malted Milkshake:
Looking for more sweet treats?
- Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Mint Buttercream
- Blueberry Mini Pies
- Dark Chocolate Cake with Red Wine Ganache
- Fresh Cherry Crisp
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Clementine Buttermilk Upside Down Cake
Used to make The Ultimate Malt:
FOR THE MALT
- 3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons malted milk powder
- 4 ounces mini Robin Eggs candy
- melted chocolate + sprinkles for the rim of glass and garnish
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- *mini ice cream cones for garnish
- Melt chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and dip the rim of the glass. Coat it with sprinkles and refrigerate to set.
- Make whipped cream: Combine all ingredients and whip on high speed until soft, billowy peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- To add the mini ice cream cone garnish: Use the straw to make a hole in the bottom of the cone. Thread the straw through and top with a mini scoop of ice cream.
- Pour malt into prepared glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Add mini ice cream cone garnish if using.
For Whipped Cream: place bowl, heavy cream and whisk attachment or beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes prior to making whipped cream. You may wish to add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream.
Malt: You may want more or less milk to achieve desired consistency. If you like it thinner, add more milk. If you like your malts thick, use less.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Saturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 9g