Mediterranean chicken and vegetables is a healthy dinner that is also quick and easy. A one pan meal that is ready in about 30 minutes, it is packed with lean protein and vegetables. This recipe is a great Mediterranean meal prep lunch. Mediterranean baked chicken meatballs are also one of our favorite healthy Mediterranean recipes for making ahead.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
Mediterranean chicken recipe
Mediterranean flavors vary from region to region. The Mediterranean Sea borders 21 countries, so to say that there is only one way to eat Mediterranean food would be silly.
The basis of what health professionals recommend when they refer to eating “mediterranean” is eating lean proteins and plenty of vegetables.
Take a look at the ingredients on the tray – that is exactly what this recipe consists of.
We eat our fair share of chicken. I’m sure you do too. We’re all trying to eat a bit healthier these days, and sometimes it’s a struggle to make that chicken delicious AND healthy.
By combining plenty of herbs and lots of veggies, this Mediterranean chicken is full of flavor. Hallelujah! I’m so tired of boring chicken, I can’t take another bite of it.
How to make Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetables
Making this Mediterranean chicken and vegetables is a snap. Plus, it makes a hearty serving for dinner.
Time needed: 35 minutes
- Brown Chicken
Season chicken with oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to pan over medium high heat. Place chicken in pan and cook for 4 – 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and eggplant
(Do not wipe out pan from chicken.) Add onions, garlic and eggplant to pan. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, until onions are translucent.
- Add vegetables
Add summer squash, zucchini, diced tomatoes, olives and capers to pan.
- Return chicken to pan.
Make a space in the middle of the pan by moving vegetables to the sides. Nestle chicken into pan to finish cooking.
Mediterranean recipes are great for everyone. I like this way of cooking because it focuses on fresh vegetables, healthy fats and lean proteins.
Here are a few more Mediterranean recipes that are fast, easy and delicious:
- Mediterranean Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Mediterranean Lamb Meatballs
- Mediterranean Lunch Recipes
- Easy Mediterranean Recipes
Mediterranean Meal Prep
You could easily double this Mediterranean chicken and vegetables recipe and make enough to meal prep for the week ahead. I made the recipe as is and it made 3 lunch servings for us.
I use meal prep containers with two compartments for lunches. They are what works best for me. I have a stack of them in the cupboard and they go right in the dishwasher. Super easy.
Another thing I find very useful for meal prepping is my kitchen scale. I use it every single day. The link below is the newer version of the scale that I own.
Your shares help this site to grow and I appreciate it so much. Do you know someone who would like this? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board.
- 1/2 lb. chicken breasts, 2 pieces
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp capers, in brine, drained
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- Add olive oil to pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary and half of the salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and brown on one side.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Do not wipe out pan.
- Add onions, garlic and eggplant. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add squash, zucchini, tomatoes, capers, olives and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine vegetables, then push them to the sides of the pan and return chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
If you prefer your vegetables to be really soft, you may need to cook them for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 2288mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 15gSugar: 21gProtein: 43g
Nutrition information calculated by a third-party company as a courtesy. It is intended as a guideline only.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day!