Nothing beats homemade peppermint hot chocolate. Just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes on the stove and you’ll be treated to the best adult hot chocolate you’ve ever had. Lovers of mint and chocolate, this recipe is for you.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder (I use Valrhona)
- 2 shots peppermint schnapps
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- crushed candy canes
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer on highest speed until soft peaks form. Set whipped cream aside.
- In a small pot, combine cocoa powder, sugar and milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, do not allow to boil. Turn off heat and stir in schnapps.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed cane on top.