This post for Oven Roasted Potatoes with Herbed Pecans is sponsored by Idaho® Potatoes. As always, all opinions, recipe and photos are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that support Pook’s Pantry.
Idaho® Potatoes roasted until crispy then tossed with toasted, herbed pecans and a honey mustard pecan dressing. These potatoes are packed with flavor and just a little spice. This is a delicious side dish that would go beautifully with your holiday dinner.
Oven roasted potatoes are an everyday side, but add toasted pecans tossed with herbs and a little spice and drizzle a honey mustard pecan dressing over it and now you’ve got a new holiday side dish. Taking something ordinary and jazzing it up for a holiday meal is a great way to serve a familiar ingredient while making it a little special. If you have picky eaters, or family members that are reluctant to try new foods, this is one way to please (mostly) everyone. Mixing in purple and red potatoes makes it more pleasing to the eye and the punch of green from the herbs brightens it up, making it more visually appealing.
Because I am rather inflexible when it comes to Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner is my saving grace. I am wholly in favor of trying new dishes, new flavors, etc. However, I have a few friends that are persnickety and won’t eat unfamiliar food. Here’s where a dish like this shines because there is nothing unfamiliar, but it is a new combination of flavors. Potatoes and pecans might not seem like an obvious match made in heaven, but it works. It really does work. Once you drizzle the honey mustard pecan dressing over the warm potatoes, you are in business.
For the potatoes
- 2 pounds Idaho ® russet potatoes, diced
- 1 pound baby purple potatoes, halved
- ½ pound baby red potatoes, quartered (or halved if small)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Lay potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Place pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they go from toasted to burnt quickly.
- Toss warm, toasted pecans with butter, brown sugar, cayenne and rosemary. Set aside.
- Make dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine roasted potatoes, herbed pecans and dressing, toss the combine and coat evenly with dressing. Serve warm.
Dressing and pecans can be made a day ahead and tossed with warm potatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 671mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information calculated by a third-party company as a courtesy. It is intended as a guideline only.
More Potato Recipes:
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Shishito Peppers
- Savory Breakfast Mashed Potato Cakes
- Breakfast Casserole