Roasted vegetable pasta is an easy weeknight meal that comes together in about 40 minutes. Plan ahead and do all of the chopping the night before and this vegetarian dinner recipe is ready in under 30 minutes.
This meatless meal is packed with vegetables and herbs, so it has tons of flavor. You will want to make extra, it’s also delicious cold and makes an excellent lunch the next day. It is easily made vegan by omitting the cheese or swapping the Parmesan for a vegan option.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
I love simple meals like this. Most days, I’m just trying to keep my head above water. I’m sure most of you can relate.
This is a great way to use up any bits of leftover vegetables from the week. Use the veggies in the recipe, or swap something out for whatever you have on hand.
Last week, I made this and dressed it with honey lemon mustard vinaigrette to have as a cold pasta salad. It is a versatile recipe, feel free to mix it up.
Vegetable pasta ingredients
Luckily, I always have a ton of fresh vegetables on hand and I decided that it would be a good time to “clean out the fridge” and use up all of the veggies.
- Short pasta – Penne, rotini, ziti and farfalle would all be great options.
- Eggplant – Look for eggplant with smooth skin without brown spots.
- Zucchini – Substitute with yellow summer squash, if you prefer.
- Bell pepper – I like red and yellow for a variety of color, use whatever you like.
- Red onion – Red onion offers sweetness and a nice pop of color.
- Broccoli – Cruciferous vegetables are good for your gut and they have tons of texture.
- Herbs – More is better! Fresh herbs bring so much to the dish.
Roasted vegetable pasta is easy, delicious and the only real chore is chopping up some veggies. If you’re really in a pinch, buy them already chopped. It costs a bit more, but it saves precious time.
How to make vegetarian pasta
First, dice all the vegetables. Then, toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them on baking sheets and roast until they are soft and slightly caramelized.
While the vegetables are in the oven, cook the pasta. Drain it and toss with a little olive oil so it doesn’t stick together.
Toss everything together and top with plenty and fresh herbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness, so this pasta really is quite satisfying with just a splash of good quality olive oil and some flaky sea salt.
Use any veggies that you like. Cherry tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, broccoli and cauliflower are all delicious.
Absolutely! This pasta is delicious hot, room temperature or cold.
Vegetarian pasta recipes
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I hope you love this roasted vegetable pasta recipe as much as we do! Please consider rating and/or commenting.
- 1 pound penne pasta, or other short pasta
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the vegetables with a few tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay in a single layer on two baking sheets. Roast for 25 minutes, or until slightly caramelized and soft.
- While vegetables are roasting, boil the pasta, then drain and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil. (Cook according to package directions).
- Combine warm vegetables with their baking juices and pasta.
- Add herbs and remaining olive oil, toss to combine. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
You can add more or less of anything here, this is just a guide. Feel free to swap out veggies and experiment!
I meant to add roasted cherry tomatoes in the pasta, but I forgot them. Trust me, they are sweet like candy when roasted.
Rotate your baking sheets halfway through to ensure even roasting!
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 895mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information calculated by a third-party company as a courtesy. It is intended as a guideline only.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day 🙂
Questions? Send me an email, I’m happy to help. I’d love to send you weekly tips and recipes, so you can get updates about what’s happening in the kitchen!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos or recipe (other than for personal use) without prior written permission. Thank you!