I have already disclosed the fact that I have a sweet tooth, so this should come as no surprise. One day at work, we were craving something sweet that was fast & easy and did not need cooking.
What we came up with was our version of an Almond Joy candy bar. What we call them (still) is Crack Balls. I know it’s a bit lewd, but there’s a very good reason. Once you try it, you’re hooked.
These are super easy to make and if you have kids, something they can help with since there is no cooking involved, however I might refrain from calling them Crack Balls… Coconut Truffles is what I call them when I’m telling someone outside of the kitchen about them.
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups melted chocolate
- 2 cups chopped almonds or peanuts
1. Combine coconut (both kinds), condensed milk and salt in a bowl.
2. Using a small cookie scoop (or a teaspoon), scoop out mixture and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Place them in the freezer for about an hour to set up.
4. Roll them in your hands to make a nice smooth ball.
5. Working quickly, dip them in the melted chocolate and then into the chopped nuts and set on a clean sheet pan. If they start to get too warm, put them back into the freezer for a few minutes.
Once they are all dipped and rolled in almonds or peanuts, put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set up. DONE!