Coconut yogurt popsicles with fresh fruit are a healthy summertime treat. A simple blueberry pureé, yogurt and fresh raspberries are the only ingredients in this icy treat. Summer is officially here and this is how I plan to beat the heat.
Recently, I met up with my friend Sue. She generously bestowed upon me pounds and pounds of fresh blueberries from her farm. I have to admit that I ate a quite a few. Have you ever heard someone describe something as “jammy”? Well, these blueberries were most definitely jammy. As in, they tasted like JAM. They were so incredibly sweet, I could help myself. That’s my defense. They were too good, so I had to eat them. Lots of them.
Yogurt Popsicles with Berries
You can feel good about these popsicles on a few levels. First, there are a handful of ingredients and all of them are natural. Secondly, they do not contain food coloring of any kind. Lastly, they are super easy.
Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Popsicles
When I made these, I wasn’t going for anything really clean or fancy. I swirled one or two and layered the rest. Some have whole raspberries in the yogurt and some have a fresh raspberry pureé. One day, I may decide to make *very* pretty popsicles, but today I wanted simple.
Used in this recipe:
Don’t forget to pin it to your dessert board
- 8 ounces blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups yogurt
- 8 ounces raspberries
- Combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Let the berries burst and cook down for about 20 - 30 minutes. Puree in blender or with immersion blender. Set aside to cool.
- Thin yogurt with a few tablespoons of water. Enough to be able to pour it into the mold, but too much. You want it thick, not watery. Set aside.
- Layer blueberry puree and yogurt into popsicle mold. Push raspberries down into the yogurt or mash them with a fork and make a rough puree and layer them on top of the yogurt.
- Freeze for a few hours until set, unmold by running warm water on the outside of the mold for a few seconds and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 38mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 17g Protein: 3g
LOOKING FOR MORE FRUIT RECIPES?
- Fresh Cherry Crisp from Scratch
- Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Parfaits
- Blueberry Bourbon BBQ Sauce