No bake strawberry cheesecake bars swirled with fresh strawberry sauce are quick, easy and made from scratch. The filling has only 4 ingredients, and like my no bake blueberry cheesecake, it uses no gelatin and comes together in only a few minutes. The buttery crust is made from crushed wafer cookies mixed with a bit of butter and sugar.
The strawberry sauce tastes like fresh strawberry jam and is swirled through the cheesecake making a dessert that is as delicious as it is pretty.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
No bake strawberry cheesecake bars
I love baking, but in the summer months, I don’t bake as often. It’s already in the 90’s here and the thought of turning on the oven doesn’t excite me.
What can you do when you need a dessert, but you don’t want to bake? The solution is no bake cheesecake bars, or these no bake lemon cheesecake parfaits.
The strawberry sauce is super simple to make and because it is made from fresh strawberries, it tastes like homemade jam.
It is absolutely fantastic and the leftover sauce can be used on ice cream, waffles or drizzled on your morning yogurt.
How to make no bake cheesecake bars
One of the most popular recipes on this site are the no bake blueberry cheesecake bars, so I wanted to give my readers another version to try.
This strawberry cheesecake is just as easy and just as pretty as the blueberry version, and both no bake cheesecakes are made without condensed milk.
The crust comes together quickly, with the help of a food processor.
Strawberry no bake cheesecake bars are made with heavy cream and cream cheese blended together and spread into a glass baking dish, then chilled for a couple of hours. You can also make individual portions like these No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Parfaits.
The recipe does require a bit of planning ahead, but it is so simple that it doesn’t take much time or effort to put together. Because I was serving mine the same day I made it, I put my strawberries on the bottom.
If you are serving it the next day, put your strawberries on top. The berries will eventually make your crust a little soggy if they are left longer than a day.
To make a cheesecake that is baked in the oven, my friend Liz makes a Strawberry Topped Cheesecake that is lovely.
No bake dessert
Summer months are the time when we host backyard parties. We also have Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day at the end of the summer.
It is full of occasions to celebrate and bars are a great way to feed a crowd. Make a combination of strawberry and blueberry for a red, white and blue theme!
No bake desserts are always a hit in the warmer months and these are no exception.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
Your shares help this site to grow and I appreciate it so much. Do you know someone who would like this? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board.
- Strawberry Sauce:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Nilla Wafer Crust:
- 7 oz Nilla wafers (about 3/4 of the box)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted (1/2 c.)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 blocks of cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 3/4 - 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- In a small pot, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until strawberries have softened, 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Use a blender to puree, then return berry puree to pot and cook on medium-low heat for 10 - 15 minutes to thicken. Refrigerate to cool.
- Place Nilla wafers, melted butter and sugar in bowl of food processor and blend until combined. It should be the consistency of sand. Pour into 8x8 pan and press down.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top of crust.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add COLD heavy cream and vanilla, beat until smooth and fluffy (3 - 4 minutes). Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Dollop fresh strawberry sauce on top and using a butter knife, swirl sauce into cheesecake filling. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
If serving the following day - place strawberries on top of cheesecake, not on top of crust.
You'll need 2 cups of Nilla wafer crumbs for the crust. If you prefer to crush the cookies first, then measure the crumbs before adding in the butter and sugar to make your crust.
I use an 8x8 pan and my cheesecake bars have a thick layer of crust and they are tall. If you prefer a thinner crust and a shorter bar, use a 9x13 pan.
Strawberry sauce can be made the day before.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/26/2019
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day 🙂
Questions? Send me an email, I’m happy to help. I’d love to send you weekly tips and recipes, so you can get updates about what’s happening in the kitchen!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos or recipe without prior written permission. Thank you!