Peanut butter whiskey balls are an easy, no bake holiday treat for grownups. A variation of my traditional rum ball recipe, these boozy bites are made with peanut butter cookies and rolled in cinnamon sugar. They are perfect for holiday gatherings and shipping to friends and family.
This simple no bake sweet comes together in no time and because the flavor develops even more overnight, it’s the perfect make ahead treat for Christmas.
If you make a purchase through one of the affiliate links, I make a few pennies at no extra cost to you. Questions? Please see disclosure for info.
Peanut butter whiskey balls
Earlier this year, a friend of mine gifted me a bottle of peanut butter whiskey for my birthday. I was skeptical, because, I’ll be honest, it sounded unappealing. Boy, was I wrong. It is actually quite tasty!
However, I’ve barely made a dent in it. So, instead of letting this perfectly good bottle of booze collect dust, we’re making whisky balls.
I’ve made my fair share of rum ball recipes over the years, so it wasn’t much of a leap to start including different spirits.
No peanut butter whisky? No problem! Swap in your favorite rum in place of the whisky to make peanut butter rum balls. This recipe, like all of my rum ball recipes, is made entirely in the food processor.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these peanut butter whiskey balls:
- Peanut butter sandwich cookies (I used Nutter Butters)
- Peanuts or pecans
- Powdered sugar (also known as confectioners sugar or icing sugar)
- Peanut butter whiskey
- Peanut butter
I’ve made several batches of these no bake cookies, swapping out different nuts and spices.
The peanuts obviously give them the most peanut flavor, but if you only have pecans or walnuts for holiday baking, feel free to use them. To give them added peanut flavor, you could increase the peanut butter by a tablespoon.
The cinnamon goes really well with the honey and peanut butter, but allspice or nutmeg is also nice here. There are no shortage of ways to change up this recipe to make different variations.
How to make peanut butter whiskey balls
First, grind the cookies and nuts in the bowl of a food processor. Next, mix the powdered sugar, whiskey, honey, and peanut butter together in a separate bowl.
Then add the cookie mixture to the powdered sugar mixture and stir until it is uniform. Cover and refrigerate to let it firm up a little – this makes it easier to scoop and roll.
Use a small cookie scoop to portion the peanut butter whiskey balls, then roll in your hands to smooth them out and make them perfectly round.
Toss in cinnamon sugar to give them a bit of sparkle and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
They make excellent homemade gifts for friends and neighbors, and they are ideal for shipping.
These simple, no-bake cookies are perfect for Christmas parties. Grab a few friends and make a double batch for all of your holiday gatherings or cookie exchanges.
More boozy treats
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I hope you love these peanut butter whiskey balls as much as we do! Please consider rating and/or commenting.
- 10 ounces peanut butter sandwich cookies (like Nutter Butters)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter whiskey
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- *See note for cinnamon sugar coating
- In the bowl of a food processor, process peanut butter cookies and peanuts (or pecans) until finely ground. Set aside. (You may have to do this batches if you have a smaller food processor)
- In a large bowl, sift together powdered sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir peanut butter, honey and peanut butter whiskey into the powdered sugar mixture until completely incorporated.
- Add cookie and nut mixture, then stir until it is uniform. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon (see note!). Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion whiskey balls and roll with your hands to smooth and shape. Toss in cinnamon sugar, a few at a time, to completely coat.
- Set on baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow sugar to adhere.
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
Combine 1/4 cup granulated and 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Toss whiskey balls in sugar, a few at a time, to full coat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 whiskey ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information calculated by a third-party company as a courtesy. It is intended as a guideline only.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day 🙂
Questions? Send me an email, I’m happy to help. I’d love to send you weekly tips and recipes, so you can get updates about what’s happening in the kitchen!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos or recipe without prior written permission. Thank you!