Getting dinner on the table in record time is a priority, but clean up… yes, clean up is the real deal breaker. If I have a recipe that requires me to use separate bowls and pans for everything, I’m less likely to make it during the week, or maybe at all.
When I was cooking in restaurants or in catering, I rarely had to think about the amount of dirty dishes. Now that I have my own business, there is no (paid) dishwasher! And might I just say, the dishwashers are the unsung heroes of restaurant and catering kitchens everywhere! Without them, things would come to a screeching halt, so thank you… Thank You to all the dishwashers who have cleaned up after me.
As my friends lovingly send me “friendly reminders” that they need recipes for dinner that are healthy, fast, easy and inexpensive with minor clean-up and “oh, if only you were here to cook for me” … I give you this Honey Chipotle Salmon. I’m hoping you will love it as much as I did, but if your family (or a certain friend who refuses to eat what she deems ‘fish food’) is not a fan of salmon, feel free to swap it out for chicken.
Why not serve this bit of deliciousness as your side?
- 8 salmon fillets, 6 oz each
- 7 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper
- **optional: finely chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT SALMON) in a food processor until completely smooth. This should only take a minute or two...
- Lay out salmon fillets on a parchment-lined sheet pan and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture on top of salmon, spreading to completely cover the top.
- Roast in oven for 12 - 14 minutes (depending on how done you like your fish)
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two before serving.
- Make sure you place salmon on sheet pan with the blood line side down.