Sweet summer strawberries give this herbal lemonade a gorgeous deep pink color. Strawberry thyme lemonade has no artificial colors and is made with 5 simple ingredients – strawberries, lemons, thyme, sugar and water.
This strawberry thyme lemonade is a great non-alcoholic summer drink. Most of us are trying to avoid sugary drinks, but occasionally need a break from plain water. This fruity herbal lemonade is a tasty option when you want something sweet and tart to sip on.
Pook’s Pantry participates in affiliate programs. If you make a purchase through one of my links, I may earn a small commission. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.
Ingredients for strawberry thyme lemonade
This easy lemonade recipe with strawberries and thyme has five ingredients and is a snap to make.
- Lemons – I needed 5 lemons to get one cup of juice.
- Sugar – You can replace granulated sugar with a sweetener like monkfruit for a sugar-free lemonade.
- Strawberries – Taste your berries before you blend them up.
Thyme vs lemon thyme
The flavor of lemon thyme compared to thyme is very similar, but as the name suggests, it has a more pronounced citrus flavor and the flavor is more subtle than that of thyme. Honestly, either would be a great option here.
Lemon thyme leaves are often, but not always, a bit lighter than those of regular thyme. Sometimes they have streaks of yellow – making it easy to differentiate the two. That being said, I have both lemon thyme and regular thyme in my garden and smelling them is the only way I can tell them apart.
How to prep fresh thyme
Whether you are getting thyme from the store or from your garden, give it a good rinse with cool water. Be gentle with it, as the leaves are delicate.
If you are snipping fresh thyme from the garden, cut thyme sprigs in the morning. Gently hold thyme at the tip and pull up. Using sharp scissors, snip a couple of inches from the base.
Pruning herbs helps them to grow, so making strawberry thyme lemonade is a great way to use up those fresh herbs from the garden.
How to make strawberry thyme lemonade from scratch
This tasty beverage is one of our favorite fresh strawberry drink recipes for summer.
Before you start blending your strawberries with the thyme simple syrup, taste one or two. We all know that sometimes strawberries are a little tart and sometimes they can be as sweet as candy. You may want to adjust the sugar in your lemonade depending upon the sweetness of the berries.
The first step is making the thyme simple syrup. To do this, combine water and sugar in a small pot and simmer for a few minutes until sugar has dissolved. Add thyme leaves and let them infuse the sugar syrup.
Juice lemons with a citrus juicer, then blend fresh strawberries with cooled simple syrup.
Add blended strawberries, lemon juice and water to a large pitcher and stir to combine.
Add a fun paper straw to your strawberry thyme lemonade and plenty of ice. A few strawberry or lemon slices make it pretty and also add more flavor.
Cold strawberry drinks are always popular in the summer and these are in constant rotation during the warmer months:
- Strawberry iced tea
- Strawberry limeade
- Fresh strawberry daiquiri (21+)
- Strawberry lemonade
- Strawberry sangria (21+)
- Rosé spritzer with fresh strawberries
- Strawberry Arnold Palmer – a delicious mixture of strawberry tea and lemonade
Having a happy hour at home? A splash of vodka in this fruity herbal lemonade would make a tasty adult beverage.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Please consider rating and/or commenting.
Your shares help this site to grow and I appreciate it so much. Do you know someone who would like this? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board.
Thyme simple syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (increase to 1 cup if you prefer sweeter drinks or your strawberries are not sweet)
- 1 cup water
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme (or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half (about 3 cups)
Make thyme simple syrup
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1 cup water with 3/4 - 1 cup sugar over medium high heat. Stir to combine.
- Simmer until sugar has completely dissolved. Add thyme, reduce heat to medium low and simmer an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
Make strawberry thyme lemonade
- In a blender, combine cooled thyme simple syrup and cut strawberries. Blend until completely smooth.
- Strain seeds through a fine mesh colander, if desired. (I did not).
- In a large pitcher, combine 1 cup fresh lemon juice, 5 cups water and blended strawberries. Stir to combine.
- Serve with plenty of ice, garnished with sliced strawberries and lemon.
Taste your strawberries - you may need more or less sugar.
Sometimes strawberries are not very sweet. In that case, you may want to increase the sugar a little. If your berries are super sweet, you may not need as much sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information calculated by a third-party company as a courtesy. It is intended as a guideline only.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a delicious day 🙂
Questions? Send me an email, I’m happy to help. I’d love to send you weekly tips and recipes, so you can get updates about what’s happening in the kitchen!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my photos or recipe without prior written permission. Thank you!